Employer May Now Submit Inquiries on Extension of Status or Change of Employer Petitions Pending for 210 Days

USCIS has announced that as of April 21, 2016, petitioners who filed a Form I-129 requesting either an extension of status or a change of employer may inquire about the status of their petition if it has been pending for 210 days or more. An inquiry under these circumstances may be made based on the petition being outside of normal processing times, as these petitions are generally processed within two months of submission. 

Employers may submit an inquiry online at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do and selecting “Case Outside Normal Processing Time,” or by calling the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 and providing their original receipt number, as well as specifying that the reason for the inquiry is that the case has been pending for at least 210 days. If you submit an inquiry and do not receive immediate a response or assistance within 15 days of your inquiry, you may then send an email to the appropriate regional service center to check the status of your case. 

If you have any questions or concerns regarding an I-129 petition you have filed or wish to file on behalf of an employee, please contact our law offices for assistance.

Call us at (856) 222-0130